Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Inaugural Post -- can you hear the Ride of the Valkyries?

Good Evening my future readers. I have been toying with the idea of blogging for a while now. I am a lawyer in Cincinnati and its environs. Today I was looking for a good old fashioned news and gossip blog about the legal doings in Cincinnati and around. Could not find one, so started one. Kind of tired of the repetiveness of the Whistleblower, but I do find it very entertaining and a poke at many of the powers that think they be. So, I am hoping to get something going here. Send me your stuff and I will do my best to post it for discussion and comment. Free legal advice, tho, watch out for libel and slander. BTW, I got my inspiration from two very entertaining blogs I read from folks in New York. See them at
copyranter and New York Shitty. Be sure to see the tale of the beer fairy. Both are very funny and provide a cautionary tale to me about living in New York. Oh and make sure to go toScruggs Nation for lots of information about what is happening down Mississippi way. I am not fond of the insurance industry -- a rant for another day -- but the blog is newsy. So back to my original point. Lawyers love gossip, whether they admit it or not -- about themselves, about those they admire and most especially about those lawyers they despise and/or envy. Like this: Arrogance, Hubris and Inevitable Crash Oh and sometimes I do love a good and imaginative flame war.

So, on with the antics:

Lets start the dicussion about the wisdom of bringing a big class action lawsuit in a city where all the Judges are members of your class.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

.

Can't relate when our courthouse is controlled by wRong wingnut whackos !

Do you think: because one is an attorney they have the right to tell a politician to kiss their "finney fanny' ?

When was the last time you heard about an attorney filing a 'misconduct' charge on a Hamilton County Judge ?

A 1st. Dist. Appeals Court Judge ?

How about a Judge against a Judge ?

How many minorities sit on the 1st. Dist. Court of Appeals ?

The State Supreme Court ?

Why do attorneys feel that when they have a pro se adversary they can meet with a judge exparte ?

How can an Ohio law prevent an attorney from disclosing that the largest allowable judgement in Common Pleas is $250,000 ?

EverythingAnnoysMe said...

Hey briefs, I must admit I don't really understand what you are trying to tell us. Can you clarify what your issues are? We cna certainly do our best to address them if you likes. What I do get from your post is that you think the system is corrupt and stacked against minorities. So what's up?
EverythingAnnoysMe

Anonymous said...

.

Sounds like lie-yer double speak ?

For starters: Why not just answer one question that you do comprehend ?


EverythingAnnoysMe said...

I have responded to your questions in a post today, 2/11/2008. I again ask, what is your beef?
Always Annoyed

EverythingAnnoysMe said...

I have responded to your questions in a post today, 2/11/2008. I again ask, what is your beef?
Always Annoyed