Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Foreclosures in Ohio

Hey, I read over at the Bellwether that Hillary is calling for a 90 day freeze on foreclosures. I forgot to mention in my earlier post that Judge Ringland out in Clermont County has taken a proactive stance on the foreclosure epidemic and has called for pro bono work and possible mediation in trying to keep folks in their homes. I give props to the Judge and hope it works. Volunteer Lawyers Project and Legal Aid are pitching in to help also. Can you say predatory lending, predatory servicing and predatory foreclosure? Of course, not every foreclosure is the result of predatory tactics, some are just plain attributable to the dismal state of this economy at the hands of George, the young shrub. Boy, I sure do miss Molly Ivins.


As always, flame on!

No comments: